Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Weather

I've heard that it's broiling hot back home, so maybe this is a good time to tell a little about the weather in India. Meanwhile, I hope you're managing to stay cool and feel good.

It was beastly hot in Delhi and Agra in northern India, just as we had expected. They weren't wrong! We were also told that we missed the worst of the heat and the monsoons even though it was in the high nineties and it rained every day. Hmmm? Just glad we weren't there earlier!

And then, once we arrived at Shanti Bhavan we were again told that we had missed the hottest part of summer. So we braced ourselves anyway.

However, it's very pleasant here in southern India where I'm spending most of my time. The temperature is about 80 degrees and a little breezy first thing in the morning, it warms up during the day, and then a dependable rain shower falls in the evening to cool things down again. Just about perfect. And oh, so beautiful! All of these photos were taken on the grounds of SB. :)


I'm nearing the end of my last week here, still teaching fourth graders every day and supervising study hall for older kids twice a day too - once at 6:30 a.m. and again at 6:00 p.m. Right now I'm with tenth graders who are all very busy working on their geometry, biology, and modern Indian history. And, like SUCH a good role model, I am writing e-mails, putting pictures on my blog, and checking Facebook! Ha!