Sunday, April 7, 2019

Heading to Amsterdam!

A trip to Amsterdam inspires me to reinvigorate my Musings & Meanderings blog! It's been unpublished for quite awhile (in fact it's been over four years!), but it's not because I haven't been musing and meandering*.

I'll be heading out on this new grand adventure to The Netherlands with my very good buddy and partner Kent. We've been planning this trip for months after a thoughtful mutual friend sent us a link telling about a "ukulele/bike/sail adventure" through the canals. How perfect - three of our favorite things all wrapped up into a trip to a far-away land where we've never been!

To prepare myself I've been reading both fiction & nonfiction (a favorite: Amsterdam: A History of the World's Most Liberal City by Russell Shorto), watching movies & documentaries (so many out there about Vincent Van Gogh lately), pouring over Rick Steves and DK guidebooks, and trying to soak up as much as I can before our flight leaves.

The more I learn the more I realize what a special trip this is lining up to be.

And so something is driving me to re-learn how to blog as I get ready for this adventure.
I'm seeing if I can remember how to operate Blogger: How to write a post, how to compose something at least a little bit interesting, how to include a photo and/or video, how to link interesting information, how to publish the post, and how to get it onto Facebook so friends can find it.

So, with the traveling and sailing and biking and ukulele playing, wish me luck as I figure out how to find some time to actually write & publish a blog post after we get there!

~~~

*In fact I've been traveling and enjoying life immensely: A trip to Jamaica, a second trip to both France and Spain, three to the British Virgin Islands, one to Mexico, three to Hawaii, and several to other states in the USA. All un-blogged, but definitely journaled! I journal nearly every day of every trip, and create an occasional Facebook or Instagram post, but I find it takes something else entirely to turn a journal entry or a photo caption into a blog post.