Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Next Up: Israel / Jordan

I leave in two days for a visit to Israel and Jordan. I'm going with my sister Kellun, and we'll be traveling with a group led by Mary Hulst and James Fleming who have both made this trip numerous times before. They are enthralled with this area of the world and eager to share it with us.

Me? Well I'm excited and more than a little nervous. I'm trying to decide if I'm more nervous than usual before heading out for sights unknown on the other side of the world. Hmm, well maybe.

Partly it's because our beloved father died just a month ago and it's a whole new world out there as an orphaned adult, and partly because its hard to wrap my mind around the idea of taking off on a big trip when most of each day for the past several months has been consumed with emotion, and well, partly because it's a bit unstable over there. But them so am I. Aren't we all?

So on those happy notes, off I go! That is, off I go after I do my usual last minute checking and rechecking of the weather and packing and repacking.